Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Going to State!

Hyphen Girl is going to State! She qualified in the 50 free and the 200 free relay. I'm glad she has the chance to swim an individual and team event.

It was superhero day at school yesterday-a reward for the classes doing a certain number of service/servant acts. I suggested she dress like her mom-hahahahahahaha- I don't think her eyes have returned to their normal position after that roll.

Life is good when you can achieve a whitewater Kayak look from your tweener.

I want to thank everyone for their keen insight and instruction regarding my Spock hands in the swim. In the end I've decided to implement Bolder's
recommendation:

"stick the two fingers -- the two that form the innermost part of the V -- directly into your nostrils, and have them remain there for an extended period of time.this is the natural spacing recommended in the Total Nosepicking swim program.your fingers will learn the correct spacing through the TN muscle memory system.
repeat several times a day with each hand.
no need to thank me, i'm here to help.

Thanks Bolder, I knew I could count on my fellow Coloradoan.

Finally, Wendy, "Wingnut" Ingraham, 5 time WTC Ironman Champion is coming to town for a VIP Night at my local bike shop and she is going to be doing a fashion show for Tyr. They want models-specifically a female model.

The Question is, do they want TRIMAMA?

While I wouldn't describe myself as shy, I also wouldn't say I'm a front stage person either- is the humiliation worth the free swag?

13 comments:

:) said...

Totally do it! And take lots of pics!!!!

Nancy Toby said...

Free swag is *always* cool! Go go go and lots of photos, please!

Fe-lady said...

Yes...do this! What fun! And we want PIX!

Fe-lady said...

And congrats to HYPEN-girl! That's so great she's a good swimmer!

walchka said...

I think you should do it. I'm gonna try and make it there myself. Pass along my congrats to Hypen-girl.

Bolder said...

yes, strut your stuf on da catwalk.

but, don't practice any TN at that time -- please.

Chris said...

Congrats to HG! Shouldn't you be have her host a swim clinic? She must be plenty fast to make state! :)

Trisaratops said...

Yes! Go for it!!! And congrats to hyphen girl on states--quite an accomplishment! :)

Comm's said...

yes!

Sixteen Chickens said...

I think you have to do it now that you mentioned it-- it's obligatory... once you say it you must live it. :)

Congratulations to hyphen girl!

Spandex King said...

Oh yea, now you gotta do it.

Cliff said...

Yeah do it....Bold's post is funnY :)

Spandex King said...

Wow!! Sounds like a deal to me. I was jealous of Will's when she was flaunting hers. Where do I send the stickers? Please email me your address and the stickers are on the way.

imwi06@yahoo.com
(IronMan Wisonsin In 2006)