Sunday, July 16, 2006

Kemper wins, going away!




Hunter Kemper took home $230,xxx in prize money at LFT beating the pack by seconds. Less than one minute separated the top 8 athletes, with Emma Snowsill taking 9th overall, 1st woman- not quite two minutes behind Kemper. She only had about 45 seconds on him when they pulled through the run out transition. But she looked cute in her pre race interviews, and took home $85,000 I think.

We manned our station, recording athlete numbers, for six hours-and for the most part we had fun. It got a little long at the end, but then Mary Stroebe, the 82 year old came through, and we still had plenty of energy to cheer. Then the final runner came through, as most athletes were leaving for shade and air conditioning, so we cheered even louder. I swear it takes far more guts for the common man to labor in 95 degrees and wicked humidity for 3 plus hours, than it takes the pros and elites. But that's just my humble opinion.

I have no voice left.

I'm guessing this transition area costs more than my house.



We are going to try a 2 hour bike ride tonight-if the non existent (according to the weathermen) storms pass over. It's supposed to be wickedly hot today, but's it's rained since 5 this morning.

Trimama out!

8 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Woo, thanks for the photos! I want day-glo blue carpeting in my transition areas now!!

Fe-lady said...

Looks and sounds as if you had a great time...the measurement stick being how much voice one has left after watching an event! Thsnks for the photos...! Nothing like helping out/watching fast people to get you psyched for your next event...hmmm? :-)

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

What an opportunity to volunteer for such a cool race.

Stay tuned...

Chris said...

I'm bummed that I missed the "big" triathlon around this neck of the woods. But I guess with the rain that we got today (what's up with that), I'm glad I didn't put off my ride.

Glad you guys had a great time! I'm sure it was a fun day.

greyhound said...

I really want to do that race someday. It'd be worth traveling for if I knew that trimama and the tribe would be there to motivate and celebrate.

walchka said...

Thanks for volunteering at Lifetime. On such a hot day we needed all the help we could get. Thanks for making it such a great race even with the 99 degree temps. You rock Trimama!

Trisaratops said...

How fun to volunteer and see all those pros, too! This heat is somethin', huh?

Abbey von Gohren said...

Hey,

Was delighted to catch a buzz of tri-excitement as I circled Nokomis for my morning run. Not sure what the crowd thought of the obvious non-tri-athelete jogging and cheering all at once, but I'll tell you what - my run went by much faster than usual!

I do remember is the announcers gushing over how "light on her feet" Snowsill was...apparently so.