Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Stuck on Stupid, or going south?

So, this is supposed to be my lap swimming time, right now, in the pool grinding out a few thousand yards or so. Instead I'm home sitting on my ever expanding arse with not nearly enough time to zip over to the Y, get the workout in and be home in time to meet the bus. For the record, my normally healthy and virtuous diet has been reduced to 2 pieces of chocolate cake an Egg McMuffin with hashbrown/grease sponge and a coke. Just for good measure throw in a few more bites of chocolate cake and that's what I've eaten today. What is happening to me? I'm even wearing jeans and a flannel shirt-the epitome of common man syndrome.

I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A spark flickers as I have my marathon finishing shirt on underneath the flannel, but wearing a shirt just won't get it done.

Part of the problem is that I am trying to figure out a getaway for Trihubby and I but we missed the 21 day advance notice for the airlines. I hope the vacation is still within grasp, because our destination will totally rock if I can get it figured out.

For now, I think I'll go for broke and take a nap.

aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Comm's said...

You get one day trimama, one day only then get thyself back into the mindset.

Hollyfish said...

Hang in there triama-this too shall pass. Birthday cake is pretty hard to pass up. The nap will help and you'll be raring to go before you know it. Some days are just like that...

Spandex King said...

It's called Midwest Living. I also go through that same thing even though my intensions are good. I think it's the thought of the long winter coming. You have worked so hard all summer and the thought of indoor workouts are a killer. Somehing the Kahuna will never understand. Take a little break, head over to Walmart, take a look around at the other people, that will get you back in the pool!! Good Luck
The King

Cliff said...

All this talk about chococake makes me hungry :)

I use the 80/20 rule for my diet. 80% I stick to my diet and 20% i eat anything else. This works quite well for me.

Tersie said...

Oh wow, that kind of funk sounds so familiar to me!! But you know what separates you from the rest? You can pull yourself out of it! And only you can do it. I hope you're feeling better! Good luck on getting the vacation together!! :o)

ida said...

naps are fabulous!

Tracy said...

Heh - I think think a pipe or something broke around here and it got into the water - seems a bunch of us out here have the same thing going on. I just don't think that people expect the down time to be "down" - blah down, you know? Well, maybe that's just my case, but I think it encompasses what you're getting at.

And hey, you burned up that cake and related mess three times over when you ran the marathon, don't sweat it too much. Take the break and recharge a little - it sounds like you're well on your way with the vacation plans.

You'll sail through, I have no doubt.