Monday, September 26, 2005

Just another day at the office




CRAIG
Doug! Steve! What's up?
DOUG/STEVE
Craig!
CRAIG
Looking large, gentlemen. You
guys want the rest of my power
bar?
-- holding it up.
DOUG
(holding it up)
No, we got a Nitro bar.
CRAIG
(holding it up)
How 'bout an Energy Booster Bar?
STEVE
(holding it up)
No, we got a Muscle Triplicator
Bar.
CRAIG
Okay, but let me know if you need
some carbs. I got a case of
'carbolicious' in the back. But
supplements aside, can I get some
quality time with you fellas?
DOUG
We're in between sets. Lay it on.
CRAIG
How long we been friends?
STEVE
All seven years of high school.
CRAIG
That's right. That's why I got to be
real with you now. And I'm not gonna
sugar coat it. As a professional
trainer, I'm a little worried about
your pecs. You guys don't go all the
way down. It's called full
extension. And I'm not seeing it.
DOUG
Craig, you're right. We actually had
a long talk about that the other
night.
CRAIG
I just don't want you to cheat
yourselves. I'm sorry I had to come
down on you like this, but in a weird
way, that's my job.
DOUG
Hey, that's why we love you and we
hate you
CRAIG
Still friends?
STEVE/DOUG
You know it.


I've only seen this scene of the movie, but I saw it the other night when I had just returned from work. I'm still laughing on about 8 levels. It must be the taper is getting to my brain. Speaking of which, only 6 days to go-whooo hooo. Everything seems to be working well, I'm getting in a lot of stretching to keep loose. My only running this week will be errands, which find me searching out a foam roller for..whatever foam rollers are for. My understanding is a dual massage/stretching run better thing. I think I'll pick up some carbolicious while I'm at it.

And bum bum bum buuuummmm. The Broncos are on Monday Night Football tonight. Now that's how to manage a taper. I will not break training (light beer) I will not break training (light beer) I will not break traing........

1 comment:

:) said...

Surely you are not a "Jake the Fake" fan, are you?

Tapering...I can't wait! Let us know if you find the roller and how it works!