Sunday, June 19, 2005

Black dresses and random rambles



"You can't wear black"

Hyphen girl was watching me dress Sunday morning, Father's Day.

"Black is depressing and sad, like for funerals. You need to wear color today, it's a happy day."

Treading lightly now with the newly informed in all things procreation and "yes honey it really does feel good" and "no it's not icky, but I understand why you feel that way"

"Dad likes when I wear this dress, and it is Father's day"

(yes it's the little black dress that accentuates long legs, hips and well all things pleasing to tridaddy-that says meet me on the front porch for a glass of wine when the kids are in bed)

"But it's blaaaaccckkk."

"Mommy you look beautiful"

That's my boy. Standing Long Jump (SLJ), the consummate ladies man, enters the conversation. He gives me a hug and we're off to church.

It was a good day to honor Tridaddy and Grandpa. Happy Father's Day to my fellow paternal geeks.
________

I can't and I won't are accessories we are born with, I can and I will are gifts from our parents, friends, coaches and fellow geeks.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh - that last line needs to go up somewhere - awesome!

Nice detail in this post, I could just see the converstation unfold!I hope you guys had a great Father's Day weekend - sounds like you were with family, so I'm sure that you did. Thanks for the great post!

:) said...

...Treading lightly now with the newly informed in all things procreation and "yes honey it really does feel good" and "no it's not icky, but I understand why you feel that way"...

Funny stuff here...I really don't wnat to explain this stuff to my kid... Kudos for the black dress for the hubby!