Thursday, June 30, 2005

Chasing the White Rabbit



Open Water swim is now 37 hours away, but hurrah the 4-5 inches of rain over the past days have pushed the lake temp well into wet suit range. I've decided it is faster to wear the wet suit with the team uni swag underneath than to do the swim suit and put uni on after the swim. Plus wetsuits guarantee I won't die on the swim. This is good because the dang (I can't swear here because hyphen girl and pop in law peak in on occasion) health insurance company called today to say that as of tomorrow tridaddy and I no longer have insurance coverage-thanks for the advance notice. Don't ask, it's a long story. Applied to an already fried psyche I am not a very pleasant person right now. Thank God for introversion, the kids never have to deal with my pissy moments. Rope it in and channel it out on the race course.

Tridaddy dubbed my exorcist workouts "chasing the white rabbit" It had something to do with the 13:15 2 miler while wearing my white running clothes, I think. Welcome to friggin wonderland.

I'm feeling that old aggressive competitive nature brewing, which can be a good thing if it just compells your performance. I could be a real jerk playing ball with that monster before when winning at any cost was the goal. I thought that beast was dead, turns out only sleeping. Tri training woke it up and now it's time to tame the Hydra.

10 comments:

cindy smuth said...

Howdy tri-mama,
I'm impressed with what you wrote here in your Chasing the White Rabbit post. I gave up my search for rashguards volcom information and wanted to hang out here on your blog - well done. I might make a blog like yours about rashguards volcom, but I wouldn't try to compete with you. You're doing a great job tri-mama.
You got a great thing going... by friend.

kyle phillup said...

Aloha tri-mama,
I'm a visitor from Hawaii and just found your post Chasing the White Rabbit. I like it... it's interesting so I decided to read and say hi. Although my interests are mostly about baby rash guard related information right now, your blog got my attention and was a nice change. Thanks for your nice blog tri-mama, I think I'll tell my cousin to stop by if that's okay.
~ Aloha ~

Kim Swansula said...

tri-mama this is great!
It's funny how I was looking for this type of thing and found your post: Chasing the White Rabbit. It pulled me right out of my research on sports rashguards products and allowed me to sit down for a nice read. Thanks for your great job tri-mama. I think I'll hang out on your blog for a while and be done with sports rashguards stuff for now. Have a good day tri-mama.

adam hoallow said...

Hi, you almost lost me for one second there... but I'm glad I didn't click away. First, I enjoyed your post, and second, maybe you can help. I don't know how much blog spam you get but I get tons on my blog. Most of the time I'm talking about surf shirts stuff because I have a surf shirts website, and people post all this junk with their links and stuff. As blog owners, I guess we'll always be subject to the unethical and inconsiderate. Well, hopefully it's not driving you to crazy... Good luck partner, enjoy the positives friend.

Bye ~

Gabor said...

Hi, my name is Gabriel and my hobby is the swimwear fashion, so I have a lot of interesting information from the swimwears. In fact, I spent a lot of time for this theme, I read and write from the swimwears history and from the swimwears in now days. If you understanding this theme I suggest for you the internet because this tool is very prime and fast also in this theme. I have some useful website from this.

ishraq said...

We actors don't get a lot of sauna kits till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our sauna kits regardless. sauna kits
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

loahlam said...

Interesting blog about hot tub supplies, keep up the good work hot tub supplies

sdRay said...

My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about sexual confession. Its a place where you can chat about sexual confession confidentially. I hope you will come and check out www.MySecretConfessionSpace.com. Thanks for letting me post on your site.

esusetain said...

We actors don't get a lot of water treatment till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our water treatment regardless. water treatment
Isobella
http://www.onlinepoolchemicals.co.uk

loahlam said...

Signature